Medical Herbalists use plants to help with ill health and the promotion of well being. We have a modern understanding based on traditional knowledge of plants as medicine. The whole plant is used as it contains many beneficial constituents that work together to encourage healing.
A holistic approach is used when considering the health of a patient; meaning not only are symptoms remedied but your complete lifestyle is taken into account when seeking the principal cause of disease.
Herbal medicine can be used for almost any condition that patients might present to their doctor. Common complaints include:
- Skin problems - Psoriasis, Acne, Eczema
- Allergies – Hay Fever, Asthma
- Digestive disorders - Peptic Ulcers, Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Indigestion
- Hormonal disorders - Premenstrual Syndrome, Menopausal symptoms
- Respiratory Complaints
- Prostate Conditions
- Headaches, Migraines, Insomnia
I have developed a particular interest in stress and anxiety disorders, digestive problems and hormonal conditions; however, I can provide help, advice and support for ailments that affect people of all ages.